Saturday, September 18, 2010

Confessions of a not-so-secret dessert lover

Dear Blogees,

I’m so sorry that I have been MIA. Apparently the teething, crawling, consolidating naps stage takes some extra mommying. On the other hand, we have the cutest little fussy, drooling, inchworm working her way around the living room all day.

I’m not gonna lie peeps, we haven’t been that good lately. I told Matt about a week ago, after we had gone to a Farmers Market where some inconsiderate bakery had to parade its decadent little personal pies for all to see, that I was feeling tempted. Later I told him to be prepared, that I felt a falling off the wagon coming on strong. In fact, I was feeling like jumping off the wagon!

So, after a Costco pizza…and the inevitable stomach and headache that come with it…we are back on track! Costco pizza is so dang good.

NEWS: a new health food store opened up in our area! We were very excited about this. It’s still expensive, (though that comes with the territory) but it’s bigger, and has a better selection than the other health food places around here. And they have quite an extensive gluten free section full of goodies that we are going to have to try.

For instance, I have been working with RICE pasta…I didn’t even know you could try CORN pasta and QUINOA pasta! I’m all over it. And as soon as we have the $$ to try it, you will all be the first to know what it’s like.

Another fantastic find – Coconut Milk Ice Cream bars dipped in a dark chocolate glaze, all sweetened with agave! They are made by SoDelicious, a brand that usually does soy…but they decided to branch out I guess. Notice: coconut milk is by no means fat free, even if it is a healthier fat, its still loaded. So, enjoy them for what they are: dairy free, agave sweetened loveliness.

I find myself lately with the biggest sweet tooth. I am supposing that this is because we have been very light with sugar lately, and I’m sure you have read stuff about how all Americans are addicted to sugar and salt….yada yada yada. Well, aside from the fact that it makes sense in theory, I am now experiencing it in reality.

And SO today’s added recipes will all be for that wonderful, necessary meal that we all love so much and that is so important to happiness: dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment